Dropping out of pharmacy school, Marc Ecko, declared his future. Without connections or any type of leverage – he used old-fashioned hustle and talent to build an iconic brand hitting over $1B in sales. Marc’s bio would identify him as an American fashion designer, entrepreneur, investor and artist but really here’s his description:
My name is Marc Ecko and I’ve been an artist and a builder of brands my whole life. I’m a white Jewish kid from New Jersey who was able to create a company based on the ethos of hip-hop. From the packaging on the outside, I suspect I did not quite “look the part.”
Well, there’s no one answer. But by far, the most important element is his motto to” just be your authentic self”. And Marc’s new book ‘Unlabel’ is all about this notion of being authentic to yourself and your brand.
Marc has cut back significantly on any interviews to focus on building his businesses so this is an exceptional opportunity to get a little more inside his thinking.
- Why we are all already artists and how to embrace it without being ‘starving artists’.
- How to sell without ‘selling out’.
- Marc’s unique formula for a billion-dollar brand.
- The anatomy of a brand starts with its authentic spine and how to develop this framework.
- Why failure is essential and how to leverage it.
- Taking the ‘slow game’ with your key relationships.
- How to get past nearly any gatekeeper holding you back from your destination.
- What true wealth really means. (Hint: No, not just your bank account and probably a much different definition then you’ve heard before.)
Marc’s brand has left its mark in so many different industries from fashion and art, to music and media. You’ll want to make sure you listen to this special presentation and then leave us a comment and/or share with your colleagues.
About Marc Ecko
Marc Eckō is an American fashion designer, entrepreneur, investor and artist. He is the founder of Marc Eckō Enterprises, a global fashion and lifestyle company. He is also the founder and chairman of Complex Media, a network of 110+ websites that generate more than 700 million page views and 70 million unique visitors per month. Eckō serves as an emeritus board member to the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Big Picture Learning and Tikva Children’s Home
About Yanik Silver
Yanik Silver redefines how businesses is played in the 21st century as the intersection of more profits, more fun and more impact. He is the author of several best-selling marketing books and tools including “Maverick Startup,” Instant Sales Letters® & “34 Rules for Maverick Entrepreneurs”. His latest venture is Maverick1000, a private, invitation-only global network of the top entrepreneurs and industry transformers.